|Mail order brings together the logistic constraints which can be encountered in various activities. Consumersí needs evolve, and the customer is placed at the heart of Supply Chain: he is looking for choice, immediate product availability, the best price, fast delivery and an irreproachable quality of service all at the same time. |
Among all these requirements, the main one remains respecting deadlines. The efforts in terms of planning and stock control are thus strategic.
Mail orders in a few words: seasonality, low margins, regular increase in the number of SKUs. SKUs frequently change, and this regardless of the universe : furniture, textiles, household electrical appliances, tools, hi-tech...
It is essential to optimize its logistic costs with the right technical and software solutions, including :
- inventory status reports transmitted in real time to ERP for a total visibility on product availability
- the management of cross-docking processes
- order preparation methods adapted to the warehouse configuration and the type of products
- the quality of order preparation thanks to statistical and weight checking
- the product and order traceability
- real time follow-up of the warehouse activity
- performance analysis thanks to indicators and preset dashboards, to optimise human and technical resources.